Updating the Tax Exempt Status on POS and Event Orders
We now display the exact name of the tax as you've entered it in the facility information section and the amount collected in each individual tax (see screen shots). There will be no difference in the calculations or amount of taxes - only how the taxes are displayed. We will now have a unified and identical tax presentation across the entire system.
- Upon review of the order, you will see the tax item and rate in the order summary as expected
Click on the "Tax Exempt: Off" button within the order
The button will now display in green and say "Tax Exempt: On" indicating that the order is exempt from all taxes
All taxes have now been removed from the order
Add a new tax rate or Modify existing tax rate
- Go Admin > Facility Info > Preferences Tab
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Edit Information
- You will see a button that says add tax rate towards the top of the page
- Type in the name of the new tax and the rate - then Save
- Go to Admin > Products
- Go into each product that needs to have the tax rate changed.
- Scroll to the bottom where the tax information is.
- Uncheck the old tax and select the new tax. Make sure that if you have taxes included in the price you check the box next to the new tax rate
- Save Changes at the bottom of the page