Often issues that cause the software to run slow or throw errors is when a file or script is not properly downloaded or is corrupt. By clearing out the cache / Internet History from Internet Explorer you will cause the software to re-download the entire site (don't worry its fast and you won't notice it). This fixes a lot of those issues.
Here are the directions to clearing the cache, cookies and internet history.
Instructions for Internet Explorer / POS Terminal
- Close POS Terminal
- Open up Internet Explorer
- Select Tools, either from the menu bar or on the top right of the screen select the cog.
- Select Internet Options
- Under Browsing History select delete
- Make sure Preserve Favorite Website Data is Unchecked
- Make sure Temporary Internet Files is also checked. All others are optional.
- Select Delete
- When you get a message stating "Internet Explorer has finished deleting the selected browsing history.", close your browser.
- Open IE or POS Terminal, whichever you need to be working in.
Instructions for Mozilla Firefox
In Mozilla Firefox, open the Options Menu and navigate to the Privacy tab. There is a link here that reads "Clear your recent browsing history." After clicking this, set the date range to "Everything", and make sure Cookies and Cache are both checked.
Instructions for Google Chrome
Go to the Settings menu and scroll down to the Privacy section. There is a button here labeled "Clear browsing data". Click this and select your time from as "From the beginning of time", and make sure "Cookies and other site and plug-in data" and "Cached images and files" are both checked. Click the "Clear browsing data" button.
Instructions for Apple Safari
Please consult Apple's help document on Reset Safari. Make sure "Remove all website data" is checked. http://support.apple.com/kb/ph17186